Search This Blog

19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult


I've always sort of wondered, though: if everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of our own?

I would have given this book 5 stars if it is not that very thick (642pages excluding the acknowledgements). Was on my list of ‘To-buy’ and found and bought it at Best Eastern for $17.90. What would I like to say about this book? It’s pretty depressing!

The story is about school shooting in Sterling High School. And if you’re going to read this book, you must remember who is who because when I stopped reading for 2 weeks, I totally forgot few of the characters and have to flip back to remember them. So anyways, when there was a shooting in that school there is one state’s best witness, Josie Cormier who is also the teenage daughter of the judge sitting on that case. But she can’t remember what happened to her very own eyes – or can she?

This is sort of Friendship, Betrayal, Loner, Bullies, Lies, Anger, trying to fit in the crowd and a little bit romance in it. Why I said depressing? Because families lost their loved ones. The innocents got killed during the shooting. I always interested in reading this kind of book especially on school shooting. No, don’t get the wrong idea. I just want to know ‘why’ they did it. It reminds me of Columbine High School and Virginia Tech massacre. Although I already know what to expect but turns out what I expected is unexpected. Is the shooter a victim or just a hero who needed to stop what ‘They Have Started’?


Buy book from:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...