Search This Blog

Goosebumps Series by R.L. Stine




I am not sure whether the kids today still read the Goosebumps series but back in my school days, these series is very popular among the kids. Whenever we go to the school library, the majority of my classmates including me will either pick the Goosebumps series or the Enid Blyton's series. Our school library is not short of some interesting books. They have the Anne Rice's vampire novels, some Stephen King, Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys and more. The Goosebumps books with its many quirky titles such as "Say Cheese and Die", "Night of The Living Dummy or "My Hariest Adventure" never failed to attract our attention back in the days. I can be thankful for discovering the Goosebumps series because it encourages a love for reading in me and also helps me to improve my english at school.

Another thing that I would like to point out is the struggle of learning or using english especially among the non-natives speakers of english like us Bruneian. I am not saying the Bruneians are weak in English but we have to accept that there is still a number of people who are struggling with English. One of the things that can be done to improve their English is through reading. But don't be to eager to buy lots of english reading materials if at the end of the day, you are struggling to understand what you are reading. What you can do is to read books with simpler english. Books like the Enid Blyton's series and Goosebumps series or even those books written for children. And as you go along and you find you have improved your english a little, then take a step further and try reading books with a more advanced english.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...