Search This Blog

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (#1) by Rick Riordan

‘My father?’ I asked, completely bewildered.
‘Poseidon,’ said Chiron. ‘Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God.’

One question, would you rather read the book or watch the movie? My choice would be the first. Before Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief premiered in Brunei, I decided to read the book first before I watch the movie. Although, my brother finished it first in 3 days before I did. Which is unbelievable because he never ever reads book...at ALL!! Anyway,...

Percy Jackson thought he’s a normal boy with learning and reading difficulty especially BUT he can read Greek letters. One day, during a school trip to a museum his teacher, Mrs. Dodds, turns into a creature with wings and he killed her/it with Mr.Brunner’s pen. Yes, a pen! When his mum brings him for a retreat to the beach, they were being chased down by a Minotaur and Percy’s best friend, Grover, was there. With half of his body is goat. Percy’s mum vanished and he woke up to a place called Camp Half-Blood, where children who are born with either one of their parents are God. At that camp, they learned to fight and survive and being put into different camp according to their ‘parents’. And there, Percy learned that he is the son of the Sea God, Poseidon and was accused of stealing the Lightning Bolt of Zeus, God of the Sky. Percy has to find the Lightning Bolt before the summer-solstice or there’ll be war between the gods. And that does not sound so good.

Ok, before I read this book, I read other people’s review and most of them said it’s more like Harry Potter series so I decided to take my time of not buying this book until I watched the trailer online. Because I thought Mr.Riordan may have steal JK.Rowling’s idea but it turns out, it’s not that bad. And it is nothing like Harry Potter except for his friendship with Annabeth and Grover. It’s like Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. It’s really easy to read and understand the book and even a nine-year-old can read it. Hey, that’s what the book says! I will show you the picture. Anyway, when I watch the movie I need to comment on it although it will be Spoilers for all of you who haven’t read the book or the movie. So, if you already watched or read it, click on ‘Read more’ below. And the stars I’ll give this book will be…


Buy book from:
this is what I was talking about!

Here are my lists of complains on the movie…*Spoiler Alert!*


  • Annabeth should be blonde in the movie, not brunette.
  • Grover should be a coward but in the movie he’s sort of cool.
  • In the movie, they missed out a lot on the quests such as the theme park, stretcher and the bus.
  • Percy and his mum should be at the beach where Grover found them and warn about the monsters looking for Percy.
  • Luke’s secret should be exposed when he was alone with Percy in the end and disappeared after he almost killed Percy.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

lololol yeah.. I tend to watch first though then read. Movies from books are disappointing that way.

I just found your comment. I got my Sony reader from ebay. It is awesome. I have two different models of these babies already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...