Search This Blog

The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold


Helen Knightly has spent a lifetime trying to win the love of a mother who had none to spare. And as this electrifying novel opens, she steps over a boundary she never dreamt she would even approach. But while her act is almost unconscious, it also seems like the fulfilment of a lifetime’s buried desire.
Over the next twenty-four hours, her life rushes in at her as she confronts the choices that have brought her to this crossroads.

So, I just don’t understand the story. A little spoiler here, she killed her mom without feeling any guilt. And she called her husband and told him about what she did. And then she goes out to meet her friend, daughter and goes to work, remembering her past and did something that make her friend angry.

When I read the summary of the book, I thought I might find the reasons why her mother doesn’t love her (or something like that) and I only find 2 reasons only. I don’t know what Miss Sebold is trying to tell in this story. Therefore...



Buy book from:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...