Search This Blog

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling


'Harry - yer a wizard.'

There was silence inside the hut. Only the sea and whistling wind could be heard.


'I'm a what?'



Everyone knows about Harry Potter. Before I knew about this book, I watched the movie which at first I find it kind of lame. When I heard my friends talked about it, I realized it's an adaptation of a famous book written by JK Rowling. The book is better than the movies (though the actors are all good). There are so many things happening in the book that are not in the movies like S.P.E.W, the History Professor, the other Weasley boys and etc.

This book tells a story about an orphan boy named Harry Potter who lives with his only relative, who doesn't seem to care about him. He thinks he's just an ordinary boy when one day, a man size of a half-giant came to him to give his letter that informs Harry that there's a place for him at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and he realized that, he's a wizard after all!

He learns that there's another world besides where he grew up for years. He learns to do magic/spells, play a famous wizard sports called Quidditch and make friends with Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. But he also learns that a dark wizard tries to kill him since birth, that also kills both his parents when he was just one year old. Harry must destroy this evil wizard before he too ended up like his parents.

What amuses me is that how Jk Rowling can create new words like Hogwarts, Quidditch, muggles and all. When I read this book, I feel like I'm in one and having an adventure. For this book I'll rate...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...