Search This Blog

In Siberia by Colin Thubron








First of all, I wouldn't even take notice of this book if it is not because of the book's attractive cover and the beautiful illustration at the front. Furthermore, I am not really a big fan of travel books genre. To sum up this book, it basically tells about Colin Thubron's experiences travelling through Siberia aboard the famous Trans-Siberian Railways or taking a ride on a bus while passing along some of the majestic landscapes of Siberia. But this is no ordinary Travel book.

The writer managed to combine History as well as Travel into the story. In every places the writer stopped by, there will be some interesting characters that seems to appear out of nowhere. And also for every places, the writer would mentioned the history of the places and some unique facts about them. After reading this book, I feel like I have been there along with the writer in Siberia. That is how powerful the words used to describe Siberia by the writer. The writer managed to describe Siberia eloquently. Every I used to think Siberia is just a dull country covered with ice throughout the year. What a mistake! Reading this book gives me an insight into the real Siberia that I never knew existed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...