Search This Blog

Wake (DC#1) by Lisa McMann

Not All Dreams Are Sweet

'For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.


She can't tell anybody about what she does - they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.


Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. she is a participant...' - book's summary.

A 210-pages book. Second book I bought from BookDepository. I wanted to buy this book after I read a review from Mr.Jason thought I might read it and make my own review.

I finished this book just 2 days..2 DAYS PEOPLE! That's a record! BUT, I sort of like and don't like the book. First, the story is like...hmm..how do I describe it? It's easy to follow but..just imagine the story is like the not-so-good english composition. Eg. "I have a pet. My pet is a cat. It's a Persian cat," something like that BUT, I love the idea of the story.

Janie here, she doesn't have a choice. If someone is near or in the same room with her goes to sleep or sneak a nap in class, she too will go to sleep and enters their dream world. To prevent this and get her 'own' sleep, she has to be in her own room...alone with doors close. It's like a Firewall to her...I.T speaking XP.

She can't share her secrets to anyone. Her mom isn't helping, she can't tell her only best friend because she might think her crazy. But the only person who believes her is Cabel. Although Janie couldn't trusts him because of the mysterious and disturbing dream he has.


Buy book from:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...